First Hospital Update (And Hopefully the Last)

photo 1Checked into the hospital this afternoon. After three days of consecutive IV’s with minimal results, we really didn’t know what else to do. I’m sleeping about twice as much during the day than I was a week ago, and I’m waking up with really low blood pressure–today was 73/40 and my HR was 124. (Keep in mind that those are happening while on beta blockers) No bueno.

There really isn’t much of a goal right now but to keep me hydrated. So I’ve had the IV on and going so I came in at 3:00pm EST.

My cardiologist just came by to go over everything and suggested once again that I cycle back onto some medications that just haven’t worked for me in the past. After really trying my hardest with the midodrine I’ve made a firm executive decision not to take anymore medications that don’t work for me. I mean, that’s just crazy isn’t it? To keep trying something over and over again that does not work?

I think this really frustrated my cardiologist because she said that there were no other photo 4treatment options than the ones I’ve tried so I have to keep trying them over and over again until they work.

Call me crazy, but that just doesn’t sound like a good plan to me.

So I have a conference call tomorrow morning at 11 with a new doctor in New York. She’s an autonomic neurologist and I’m hoping and praying and crossing my fingers that she isn’t going to tell me about biofeedback and Ivabradine.

As for being in the hospital, it’s okay for right now. They originally put me in a room with a woman who had super contagious sounding pneumonia. And I’m like yo–didn’t anyone get the immune deficiency memo? Guess not. They moved me to another room where  I don’t have a room mate, but who knows how long that will last for?

This is the first time in a long time I’ve been in the hospital and not been on intense pain medication or in pain so intense I can’t think. I pretty much feel fine except exhausted from moving around even a little bit.

I’m not planning on being here long. Just until I can get myself hydrated enough to handle hydrating myself at home. That’s either going to happen through a PICC Line/Port–or it’s not. And if it doesn’t I’m just going home and trying to drown myself in Gatorade–there isn’t anything else I can do about it right now.

I’m hoping this new doctor will have some solutions to at least try tomorrow.



Powered by Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>