(Note: I have not abandoned the effort to do my posts about the wedding, just trying to get some pictures back from the photographer before I go into full-on white roses and linen on you!)
My publishing company and I have decided to go a little more in-depth with our patient stories. I am actually looking to do .5 to 1 hour Skype or FaceTime interviews with patients who are willing to share some background info with me.
The topics are as follows:
(1) “What was the moment you admitted you had a chronic illness, and the moment you started to accept it?”
(2) “How did you learn to cope with speculation that you might be “faking” or be a hypochondriac?”
(3) “How and why did you begin to lose touch with friends after your illness began–how did you go about making new friends or rekindling friendships that had died out?”
There are ten chapters in all and I will probably be doing multiple interviews for each slot. Each chapter will follow one or two patients. There was a lot of response to this casting call last time so while I may interview multiple people, not all will make it to the final cut of the book. The book is still slated to be released in the Spring of 2017.
HERE IS HOW TO RESPOND | COMMENTS ON THIS POST WILL BE IGNORED | READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
1. Please choose one of the three topics above that you feel you could speak on most in-depth.
2. Send an email with your name, age, and which number question you’d prefer to be interviewed on as the Subject line.
3. In the body of the email please include the following:
Do we have permission to use your name in the book: (Yes) or (No)?
Age when diagnosed:
A short summary (no more than two paragraphs) on your experience dealing with whatever topic you’ve selected.
Email: (If it is not the one you used to send the application)
Send the email to IlanaWrites@gmail.com
I will be scheduling interviews for these first few topics in late January to take place in early February. Please comment with any questions you might have one sending this in!