1. When there’s an excessively long line at the DMV to get your handicapped placard, and you’re getting a handicapped placard since you can’t stand or walk for long periods of time.
2. When you’re doing an interview on live television and you have to dip out of frame to avoid openly gagging on screen.
3. When you’re too sick to show up for a business meeting, so the client settles for a conference call but then you’re too delirious from a migraine to understand what’s happening on the call–especially when you’re actively trying to muffle your cell by burying it under a comforter, two blankets and a fluffy dog.
4. When your dog has to go out at 2AM and your fiance has an exam in the morning.
5. When you need to use a public restroom anywhere in New York.
And the mystery of why I live in Florida is solved.